- HOW TO CHOOSE A CLASS
Do you want to take bellydance?
Here is a breakdown of the different levels and class types as well as a guideline for which class you should take.
LEVELS AND CLASS TYPES
The 4 levels for bellydance are:
- 1. Beginner
- 2. Level 1 (prerequisite for Intermediate)
- 3. Level 2 (equivalent of Intermediate+)
- 4. Level 3 (equivalent of Advanced)
- 1. Technique
- 2. Drills
- 3. Choreography
- 4. Conditioning
NOTE: This does not include my non bellydance classes These are separate, but I also highly encourage you to try!
WHAT DO THE CLASS TYPES MEAN?
- TECHNIQUE means LEARNING:
- -More breakdown, more feedback/correction going deeper into details.
- DRILLS means PRACTICING:
- -Less breakdown, less correction, more repetition, more dancing.
- CHOREOGRAPHY means learning a ROUTINE;
- -Learning a sequence of movements fit to a specific song. I may choose to do one full song per session, or several smaller partial songs for variety. There is no performance connected to this class at this time, and you will learn the choreography as a solo.
- CONDITIONING means PRIMING your body:
- -More fitness and strengthening; drills and dance practice; endurance and layering; plus stretching.
WHAT CLASS SHOULD YOU TAKE?
Figure out what level you are.
- If you have no or little experience you are eligible to:
- a) Take Beginner!
- If you have previously completed Beginner you are eligible to:
- a) repeat Beginner
- b) take Drills and/or Conditioningtke Drills & Conditioning, or
- c) move up to Level 1.
- If you have previously completed Drills, or Conditioning you are eligible to:
- a) repeat or do Drills and/or Conditioning (or Beginner of course)
- b) try choreography
- c) move up to Level 1
- If you have previously completed Level 1 you are eligible to:
- a) repeat Beginner, or Level 1
- b) take Drills, Conditioning or Choreography
- c) move up to Level 2
- If you have previously completed Level 2 (formerly called Intermediate) you are eligible to:
- a) repeat Level 2 (or any prior levels)
- b) do Conditioning, Drills or Choreography
- c) move up to Level 3
Figure out what class type is best for you.
- -If you’d like to be able to ask a lot of questions, get more breakdown, get more feedback/correction, learn new movements and get into the juicy details:
- Join a TECHNIQUE class (Beginner, LV1, LV2 or LV3).
- -If you’d like more practice and repetition, less stopping/starting and to spend more dancing the moves you know:
Join my DRILLS+COMBOS class.
- -If you want the above PLUS a workout:
Join my CONDITIONING+DRILLS class.
- -If you’d like to put movements together and learn a sequence/routine set to music to have something fun to practice or perform with on your own (and learn a bit of technique, musicality and context along the way):
Join my CHOREOGRAPHY class.
- -If you’d like stretching, relaxation, meditation, rejuvenation, mindfulness, and restoration:
Join my HATHA YOGA class.
-If you want mindful movement with no rules, no specific technique, freedom of expression, and a more therapeutic approach to movement that suits every body and ability:
Try my EMBODIED MOVEMENT class.
-If you want a fun, body-positive workout to help you feel strong and flexible (with no dancing):
Join my CONDITIONING+MOBILITY class