HOW TO CHOOSE A CLASS
Here is a breakdown of the different levels and class types as well as a guideline for which class you should take.
LEVELS AND CLASS TYPES
- The 4 LEVELS for BELLYDANCE class types are:
- 1. BEGINNER: No experience, or minimal experience elsewhere. Recommended to repeat 2-4 times
- 2. INT/MIXED: For anyone above or below intermediate, or between levels (as long as they’ve taken beginner)
- 3. INT: Learning at the Intermediate level
- 4. INT/ADV: Higher level, more advanced but accommodating to intermediate.
- The 4 TYPES of BELLYDANCE classes are:
The 2 NON DANCE MOVEMENT classes are:
- 1. Technique (aka LEARNING): More breakdown, more feedback/correction going deeper into details.
- 2. Drills (aka PRACTICING): Less breakdown, less correction, more repetition with music.
- 3. Choreography (aka DANCING a ROUTINE): a sequence of movements fit to a specific song.
- 4. Combos (aka MINI SEQUENCES): bite sized sequences of movements, like mini choreographies, not usually set to specific music.
The 3 METHODS to learn are:
- 1. Gentle Hatha Yoga: Meditation, breathwork, relaxation, gentle stretching and mobility.
- 2. Embodied Movement: Trauma-informed, mindful movement based, somatic resourcing, intuitive/authentic movement practice and psycho education
- 1. In-Person: At the Mount Pleasant Community Centre in Vancouver, BC. Live only, No recordings.
- 2. Live Online: Live on Zoom AND recorded, recordings available for the duration of the course plus 2 weeks (or just 2 weeks each for Yoga)
- 3. On Demand Online: Pre-recorded, high quality, self paced, with access for 6 months from purchase.
WHAT CLASS SHOULD YOU TAKE?
Step 1: Read the Class Descriptions Here
Step 2: Choose 1) Bellydance, 2) Yoga, or 3) Embodied Movement.
Step 3: IF choosing bellydance, determine 1) Level and/or 2) Type, and 3) Method
Get 10% each additional course when you register for more than one!
PLUS get a FREE yoga class and a FREE beginner demo class when you sign up for the mailing list HERE
Still not sure? Contact rahel to see what level/class is right for you email@example.com